The Arlington Music Hall was constructed in 1949 and opened February 10, 1950. The theater was state-of-the-art and featured a stage where local bands played. The opening night program featured the movie, ‘Seabiscuit’ with Shirley Temple and Barry Fitzgerald and musical entertainment by local band, The Flying X Ranch Hands, also known as The Light Crust Doughboys.The original marquee is still intact over the front entrance.
Many of the early buildings dating from the turn of the century through the 1930’s were torn down during an urban renewal phase of history in Arlington. This historic building was spared.